NPU Scholarships for New Applicants
NPU scholarships for new applicants are merit-based financial awards offered to qualified applicants interested in pursuing degree programs at NPU.
(1) The cumulative GPA from the official transcript, required for admission to the intended degree program, is at a minimum of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale;
(2) The applicant's resume or Statement of Purpose clearly describes the applicant's academic goal, previous experience in community services or extracurricular activities, and if applicable, work experience; and
(3) If the applicant's native language is not English, he/she is required to have the test administering organization mail his/her TOEFL/IELTS score directly to NPU. The required minimum scores for scholarship awards are: TOEFL - 90 (IBT), or 233 (CBT), or 577 (PBT); IELTS - 7.0 bands.
Interested applicants must apply for the scholarship and submit the required documents along with his/her application materials by the deadline for the admission term. The scholarship application deadline for each term is in general three months before the term begins. If the applicant is granted the scholarship, he/she will be awarded with a tuition scholarship of $500 per semester for three semesters, a cumulative tuition scholarship of $1,500, provided that the student enrolls full-time, maintains satisfactory progress in his/her academic study at NPU, is in good standing, and has contributed to the activities sponsored by the NPU Student Association, or any NPU student club, or participated in professional society activities.
NPU Scholarships for Current Students
Scholarships for Current Students:
To reward current NPU students who have demonstrated outstanding academic and extracurricular achievement, a scholarship prize of $1000 each will be awarded to ten students annually. The scholarship will be awarded in the fourth week of the fall semester.
In order to be considered for this scholarship, students should meet all of the following criteria:
- Must be a registered NPU student for at least two semesters.
- Must be in good standing by maintaining a minimum CGPA 3.8 and above.
- Must be recommended by a faculty member.
- Must be a member of at least one of the NPU clubs and should participate in extracurricular activities.
- Must be active in a professional society.
- Must make a personal Statement of Purpose (SOP) presentation. The SOP should include a narrative on skills, qualities, and reasons why the scholarship should be awarded to you.
The scholarship recipients will be selected by the NPU Scholarship Review Committee.
The application and supporting documents should be received by the Scholarship Review Committee before June 30th.
For further information and the scholarship application form, please log on to your NPUOSC student account.
There are thousands of scholarships available to qualified students, each with its own requirements for application. The student interested in receiving a scholarship through an outside organization should do the research far in advance and find the scholarships that would best match one's educational and background profile. Here are some examples of scholarships of interest to some international students at NPU: