ESL Quick Links
American Language Classes
Northwestern Polytechnic University offers English as a Second Language (ESL) classes that focus on teaching "real world" communication skills.
LEVELS OF INSTRUCTION
- ESL 300 Level Classes - High Beginner/Intermediate
- ESL 400 Level Classes - High Intermediate/Advanced*
* Completion meets NPU's degree program admissions' requirement for English.
HIGHLIGHTS OF CLASSES
- Object-oriented curriculum teaches language, academic, and cultural skills for immediate use.
- Authentic language practice allows students to apply what they've learned.
- On-line learning and testing streamlines student assessment and placement.
- Accent reduction helps learners speak American English confidently.
- Listening & conversation enables learners to effectively communicate with native speakers of American English.
- Grammar & writing trains learners to use English professionally.
- Communication workshops provide learners with individualized practice.
- Speech & presentation prepares learners for advanced studies and professional careers.